- AirAsia Promotions
- About Skybus
- How to go to Genting Highlands
- AirAsia FAQs - Before You Travel
- KLIA & LCCT Flight Schedule
- How to go to LCCT from KL Sentral...
- KL Sentral Station
- LCCT Floor Plan
- Where is LCCT?
- Taxi from LCCT
- Buses from Malacca / Melaka
- About Aerobus
- About KLIA Transit
- How to go to LCCT
- About Tune Hotel
- Locker and Luggage Storage
- Plaza Premium Lounge
- About Bus Services
- Any budget hotels near LCCT or...
- Is there any buses traveling...
- About KTM Komuter
- Taxi To LCCT
- AirAsia FAQs - Booking
- Check Fare (AirAsia)
Parliament: Sepang LCCT to be ready on time
Published: Tuesday November 17, 2009 MYT 1:01:00 PM, By TEH ENG HOCK
KUALA LUMPUR: The new low cost carrier terminal (LCCT) in Sepang will be ready on time although the project is currently behind schedule.
Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakri told the Dewan that the project status was delayed by two percentage points or 18 days.
"Right now, we are at the design stage. The project status is supposed to be 15.5% now, but in actuality it is at 13.5%," he said in response to a supplementary question from Datuk Tajuddin Abdul Rahman (BN-Pasir Salak).
Abdul Rahim said the new LCCT project, worth RM2bil, was scheduled for completion by the end of 2011 and would have a capacity of 30 million passengers.
"AirAsia passengers are expected to breach the 15 million mark by 2015," he said, adding that the new terminal included the development of the runway, taxiway, parking bays, terminal, control tower, fire station and related facilities like hotel, retail shops and food and beverage outlets.
The project will also link the main terminal of KLIA to the new LCCT via a 2km extension of the Express Rail Link, he said.
The existing LCCT had already breached its initial capability of handling 10 million passengers, he said.
This article is a verbatim copy of the original article from The Star.
- 28 Dec, 2009 Let travellers arrange their own taxis after dark
- 22 Dec, 2009 Tune Hotels to spend RM60mil to buy land, buildings
- 23 Dec, 2009 PJI targets up to RM500mil job at LCCT Terminal
- 12 Dec, 2009 Taxi drivers claim different regulations confusing
- 11 Dec, 2009 Urgent need to upgrade our taxi service
- 08 Dec, 2009 RM8 flights as AirAsia celebrates eighth anniversary
- 02 Dec, 2009 More passengers using Kuching airport
- 28 Nov, 2009 AirAsia likely big winner in MAHB cash incentive
- 28 Nov, 2009 Marriage and birth certs aren't passports to travelling
- 23 Nov, 2009 Missing flights because of poor bus service
- 24 Nov, 2009 A walk in the park
- 17 Nov, 2009 Parliament: Sepang LCCT to be ready on time
- 07 Nov, 2009 Fernandez is eager to put Malaysia on the world sports map
- 31 Oct, 2009 New LCCT site clearing works to start next month
- 23 Oct, 2009 Bold cuts in Budget 2010
- 21 Oct, 2009 Malaysia Airports raises forecast for passenger traffic
- 29 Sep, 2009 Making it easy to get to the LCCT
- 25 Sep, 2009 Our public transport really stinks
- 10 Sep, 2009 KTMB for comfort, convenience, speed
- 30 Aug, 2009 Now, everyone can have fun too!
- 28 Sep, 2009 Buy AirAsia tickets for 20% less today and tomorrow
- 26 Aug, 2009 Two divisions pull IJM Q1 profit
- 22 Aug, 2009 Cutting prices and making money
- 20 Jul, 2009 Subang set to reposition itself on the world aviation map
- 20 Jul, 2009 KL-S'pore high-speed rail will generate economic benefits
- 18 Jul, 2009 Enforcement success lies with all of us
- 17 Jul, 2009 Bus, taxi fares up 30%, service to improve, says Nazri
- 17 Jul, 2009 Airlines tighten baggage rules to help trim costs
- 14 Jul, 2009 AirAsia: Plane delivery to be partly deferred
- 09 Jul, 2009 Recognition for airport outlets
- 07 Jul, 2009 Hired car owners seek justice
- 25 Jun, 2009 A(H1N1): Toddler among 11 new cases, total now at 91
- 25 Jun, 2009 12 new cases, two by local transmission, total now 80
- 20 Jun, 2009 Eight new H1N1 cases detected
- 17 Jun, 2009 A (H1N1): First locally-transmitted case confirmed
- 16 Jun, 2009 Five more 'imported' flu cases
- 06 Jun, 2009 A (H1N1) flu: Malaysia confirms 7th case
- 05 Jun, 2009 Three new H1N1 cases detected in Malaysia
- 04 Jun, 2009 A (H1N1) flu: M'sia reports 3 more cases
- 01 Jun, 2009 AirAsia to fly Penang-Chennai by October
- 29 May, 2009 MAHB sees fewer passengers at airports
- 29 May, 2009 Make it easy for travellers going to Terminal 3, please
- 28 May, 2009 Touts menace at LCCT
- 26 May, 2009 Bus ticket counter to be moved
- 21 May, 2009 Monopoly at airports resulting in inefficiency
- 21 May, 2009 Tour buses get LCCT warning