On 9 May 2014, LCCT officially closes, a new Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) is built to replace the LCCT with bigger & better facilities. As a result, the info posted on this website is no longer applicable to the new KLIA2. Visit www.klia2.info for latest info on the new klia2 terminal.

MAB: 34 million passengers at KLIA and LCCT by year-end

Sunday September 11, 2011

Thirty-four million foreign and local passengers are expected to use KL International Airport and the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) here by the end of this year, Malaysia Airports (Sepang) Sdn Bhd general manager Muhammad Suhaimi Abd Mubin said.

He said the target was an increase from the 29 million passengers recorded at both airports last year. "It is estimated that 55% of the number would be recorded at KLIA, while the other 45% at LCCT," he told reporters after attending Malaysia Airports Berhad (MAB) Aidilfitri open house Sunday.

Muhammad Suhaimi also anticipated that international passengers would make up 70% of the 34 million-target.

Right now, 50 airline companies are operating in KLIA with 750 inbound and outbound flights recorded daily.

This article is a verbatim copy of the original article from The Star.

(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)