On 9 May 2014, LCCT officially closes, a new Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) is built to replace the LCCT with bigger & better facilities. As a result, the info posted on this website is no longer applicable to the new KLIA2. Visit www.klia2.info for latest info on the new klia2 terminal.

Eight new H1N1 cases detected

Saturday June 20, 2009

Eight new confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) cases were detected yesterday bringing the number of cases in Malaysia to 35.

Health Ministry director-general Tan Sri Dr Ismail Merican confirmed that eight new cases did not involve local transmission.

Dr Ismail said in a statement yesterday that of the 35 confirmed cases, 23 patients were undergoing treatment at various hospitals and were reported to be in stable condition.

The eight new cases are:

> Case No 28: Female Chicago University student, 20. Arrived at the KL International Airport on board MH091 (seat 55H) at 7.30am on June 15;

> Case No 29: Male Thai pupil, 11. Arrived at KLIA on flight MH785 (seat 30E) for a friendly sports tournament;

> Case No 30: Australian female, 50. Arrived at LCCT on AirAsia's X D7 2723 (seat 10G) from Melbourne on June 16;

> Case No 31: Malaysian woman, 58. Arrived at LCCT on AirAsia's X D7 2723 (seat 22B) on June 16;

> Case No 32: Malaysian, 30, working in London. Arrived at KLIA aboard MH001 (seat 62D) on June 15;

> Case No 33: Malaysian student, 15. Arrived at LCCT on AirAsia's X D7 2723 from Melbourne on June 15;

> Case No 34: Filipina housewife, 30. Arrived at KLIA aboard flight MH705 (seat 20A) from the Philippines on June 14; and

> Case No 35: Malaysian student, 20, Arrived at LCCT on board Air Asia flight X D7 2723 (seat 43H) from Melbourne on June 15.

Meanwhile, a nine-year-old boy who was admitted to the Sarawak General Hospital has tested negative for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus.

The boy was isolated after he showed flu-like symptoms a return trip from Australia.

Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Dr George Chan Hong Nam said 24 of his classmates had also been placed under home quarantine while four of his family members were being monitored at their home.

This article is a verbatim copy of the original article from The Star.

(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)