On 9 May 2014, LCCT officially closes, a new Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) is built to replace the LCCT with bigger & better facilities. As a result, the info posted on this website is no longer applicable to the new KLIA2. Visit www.klia2.info for latest info on the new klia2 terminal.

12 new cases, two by local transmission, total now 80

Thursday June 25, 2009

Twelve more cases of influenza A (H1N1) have been reported in the country, said Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Ismail Merican.

Of the number, he said, 10 were imported cases and two locally transmitted, bringing the total number of cases to 80.

"Three of them are foreigners (two from Yemen and one Indonesian) while the rest are Malaysians who have been to the affected countries ' Singapore, Britain, Thailand, the Philippines, Australia and the United States," he said in a statement yesterday.

Until 8am yesterday, he said 44 patients were still being treated at hospitals.

"Until 9pm on Tuesday, 628 people including 164 new contacts are still under home quarantine without showing any symptoms," he said.

Dr Ismail said the 69th patient was a 23-year-old Malaysian waitress who returned from Singapore on Sunday on an Aeroline bus with the registration number WMF 8862.

A 20-year-old Malaysian student in London, who arrived in KLIA on Friday at 7.30pm on board flight MH 003, was the 70th patient, he said.

He said the patient did not show any symptoms until he had fever on Monday and was referred to the Sungai Buloh Hospital.

The others are:

> A 29-year-old Malaysian who arrived at LCCT on AirAsia AK 747 on Friday at 9pm.

> A Malaysian, 43, who came home from the Philippines on board MH 705 last Wednesday.

> An 11-year-old Indonesian boy who arrived at the LCCT on board AK 702 on Monday at 1.55pm.

> A 27-year-old Malaysian who travelled to Manila on June 14 on MH704 and returned on Friday on board MH 705.

> A six-month-old baby who returned from California on board CX 873 to Hong Kong and connecting flight CX 723 back to Malaysia on Friday at 3.30pm.

> A 19-year-old student who returned from Melbourne on Saturday on SQ 238 and arrived at the Changi Airport.

> A 20-year-old Yemeni student studying English at Asian Life Skill Sdn Bhd; the 10th local transmission case. He had contact with the 63rd patient, a Yemeni who came to Malaysia for holidays.

> Another Yemeni, a housemate of the above Yemeni student; the 11th local case.

> A Malaysian stewardess, 38, who was on MH 150 from Amsterdam to KLIA on June 12.

> An eight-year-old boy, who returned from Melbourne on board MH 148. He is the brother of an earlier patient.

In Johor Baru, a 19-year-old female student who returned from Melbourne last Saturday via Singapore's Changi Airport became the first flu case in Johor.

She was on flight SQ 0238 and had been in Melbourne for the last six months, Johor Women, Family, Community Development and Health committee chairman Dr Robiah Kosai said.

She had returned home from the airport in a taxi, she said.

The student, she said, was being treated at a hospital while her family members had been quarantined at home for a week.

"The 36-year-old taxi driver and his family are also being quarantined at home for a week," she told a press conference.

Dr Robiah also noted that the patient's grandmother had died yesterday due to old age.

She said officers from the Health Department would assist the family throughout the burial ceremony so they would not expose anyone else to the flu.

This article is a verbatim copy of the original article from The Star.

(Visited 50 times, 1 visits today)