Taxi from LCCT
If you need to take a taxi from LCCT, read on.
- Taxi from LCCT
- Check taxi fare
- What type of taxi you need?
- Taxi zones
- What you need to know about Malaysian taxi…
Taxi from LCCT
At the LCCT International Arrival hall, after leaving the baggage checks counters, you will see the taxi and budget van booths for you to do your taxi or van booking.
Tell the the person in charge your destination, she will then quote you the corresponding taxi fare, and a 3-piece-coupon will be issued upon payment.
Take the coupon, walk out of the Arrival hall, and head toward parking bay 2 outside of the Coffee Beans shop to queue up for your taxi. Taxi service is available 24 hours.
Check your taxi fare
How much will it cost to take a taxi from LCCT to your destination? You can do an online taxi fare check.
Types of Taxis
The total number of passengers and the passengers’ luggages determine the type of taxi you need to hire. Here is a simple guide to give you an idea what type of taxi you need to select.
|Type of Taxi||Model||Capacity|
|Budget taxi||Deawoo Tacuma||3 to 4 passengers only|
|Proton Wira||3 passengers only|
|Premier Taxi||Renault Enviro||4 to 5 passengers only|
|Mercedes E220||4 passengers only|
|Family Taxi||Kia Pregio Van||8 passengers only|
|Super Luxury||Jaguar S-type||3 passengers only|
Taxi Zones and Taxi Fares
Below is a list of estimated taxi fares for travelling between LCCT and various locations (Please check with the taxi booth to confirm the final figures). Effective August 2009, buses and taxi fare is adjusted 30% higher. Figures below are adjusted in accordance to the rate hike.
|Zone||Location||Budget (RM)||Premier (RM)||Family (RM)|
|101||Concorde Inn, KLIA
AMC Building, KLIA
MAS Building, KLIA
Salak Tinggi Lama
De Palma Inn Sepang
Allson Klana Nilai
Sepang International Circuit (SIC)
|401||Shah Alam areas||64.50 to 84.00||85.60 to 118.40||167.70 to 232.70|
|402||Petaling Jaya areas||64.70 to 73.90||85.50 to 101.70||167.90 to 199.40|
|502||Kuala Lumpur (Town)||74.80||102.60||200.20|
|502||Boulevard Hotel, Mid Valley||74.80||102.60||200.20|
|602||Cheras areas||74.80 to 84.80||102.60 to 119.20||200.20 to 233.50|
|603||Ampang areas||74.80 to 84.80||102.60 to 119.20||200.20 to 233.50|
Guide to Malaysian taxi
- The flag-off fare for taxis is RM3.00 and passangers will be charged 10 cents for every 115 meters thereafter.
- For taxis caught in a traffic jam, the fare will be RM3.00 for the first 3 minutes, and 10 cents for every subsequent 21 seconds.
- Other additional charges include actual road toll charges, RM2.00 for telephone bookings, and a 50% surcharge is levied between midnight and 6.00 AM.
- An additional RM1.00 is charged on 3rd adult passenger (max 4) and/or baggage stored in boot.
- More Malaysian taxi tips you need to know…